You can install S Note app and the Extension pack on Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ to fully utilize the S Pen.
Although Samsung favors the Samsung Notes app, S Note app has a few clear advantages, especially for those who need to take notes in meeting rooms or lecture theaters.
This S Note guide explains the features of S Note app, the difference between the S Note app and Samsung Notes app, and shows you how to install S Note app and the extension pack on Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+.
This guide also applies to Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy Note 9. Older Galaxy Note devices have more options in the extension pack.
What’s S Note app?
An outstanding phone requires both the top-notch hardware and some flagship apps.
S Note was the flagship app on Galaxy Note devices. It demonstrates the productivity that S Pen can bring on a relatively large screen.
After the Marshmallow update for Galaxy Note 5, Samsung shifted focus to the general-purpose Samsung Notes app and stopped the active development of S Note app.
But Samsung has NOT abandoned the S Note app, although it has not been pre-installed since Galaxy Note 8. So, you cannot find the S Note app on Galaxy Note 8, 9, and 10.
Basically, S Note is a note-taking app. But it is a very unique note-taking app.
The noteworthy features of the S Note app include:
- It supports multimedia files. You can embed pictures, audios, and videos into the note.
- It supports paginations. You can organize one note into various pages.
- It supports collections. You can organize notes into collections (like books, or book chapters).
- It supports rich text. You can format the text like in Microsoft Word.
- It supports tags.
- It has a built-in illustration art library. You can insert any of the illustrations (and shapes) into a note.
- It supports S Pen.
- It supports pressure levels with S Pen.
- It supports shape recognition (and conversion). The S Note app can convert your dawing
- It supports