Why you should understand Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures?
Touch screen is an essential part for today’s smartphones. You interact with the phone mainly through the screen with your finger using certain gestures. The phone can understand certain finger gestures on the touch screen.
Of course, Galaxy Note 5 also allows you to interact with the phone with the unique S Pen.
This guide explains the available Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures with finger or S Pen. Understanding the various Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures can help you use the phone more effectively.
Please note, the Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures mentioned in this page are the basic gestures that are accepted by most Android phones and tablets.
In addition to these common Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures, some apps may accept other gestures. These will be app dependent. You need check the guide of these apps.
Tapping is the simplest Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gesture. This is usually comparable to click when you are using a mouse.
You can use tapping gesture:
- to open an app;
- to select a menu item;
- to press an on-screen button;
- to enter a character using the keyboard on the screen.
You can use your finger or S Pen to tap the corresponding location on Galaxy Note 5 touch screen as shown below.
2. Tapping and holding
Tapping and holding gesture requires you to tap and hold an item on the screen or just the screen for more than 2 seconds to access available options.
In some apps, this Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gesture is used to select items.
Swiping is one of the confusing Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures.
Galaxy Note 5 responds to swiping gesture (as shown below) in different ways depending on how you swipe and on which screen you swipe.
- Swipe to the left on the Home screen or the Apps screen to view the panels in the right. If you are already in the rightmost panel, nothing happens as Galaxy Note 5 does not cycle through panels in Home screen and Apps screen.
- Swipe to the right on the Home screen or the Apps screen to view other panels in the left. If you are already in the leftmost panel, nothing happens as Galaxy Note 5 does not cycle through panels in Home screen and Apps screen.
- Swipe downwards from the top of the screen (or status bar) to open the Galaxy Note 5 notification panel.
- Swipe upwards in the notification panel to close the Galaxy Note 5 notification panel.
- Swipe upwards or downwards to scroll through a webpage or a list of items, such as contacts.
Dragging gesture allows you to tap and hold an item and drag it to the target position.
So essentially, dragging gesture lets you move an item. For example, you can move an app in Galaxy Note 5 Home screen or Apps screen to a new location with this gesture.
5. Double tapping
You can double tap on a webpage or image to zoom in.
Double-tap again to return.
6. Spreading and pinching
Spread two fingers apart on a webpage, map, or image to zoom in a part. Pinch to zoom out.
Do you understand and use these Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures now?
If you have any questions on Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures, or encounter any problems when using Galaxy Note 5 touch screen gestures, please let us know in the comment box below.
The community will try to help you.
For other Galaxy Note 5 features and detailed Galaxy Note 5 how-to guides , please check Galaxy Note 5 how-to guides page.
You may also download and read the official Samsung Galaxy Note 5 user manual here.