Galaxy Note 5 notification panel not only shows you the notification messages, but also lets you access quick settings, S Finder and Quick Connect.
So, Galaxy note 5 notification panel is slightly different from the notification panel in stock Android.
This guide will shows you in detail the usage of Galaxy Note 5 notification panel. For detailed usage of Galaxy Note 5 quick settings, please check this page.
Proper use of Galaxy Note 5 notification panel can significantly improve your experience with Galaxy Note 5.
The notification panel makes your interaction with the phone fast, convenient and enjoyable.
What is Galaxy Note 5 notification panel?
Galaxy Note 5 notification panel is a special panel floating over all screens including Galaxy Note 5 home screen, apps screen, lock screen, and individual app screens, once it is accessed. So, it is everywhere on your Galaxy Note 5.
Of course, by default, the notification panel is dismissed and hidden until you access it.
But you cannot disable the notification panel as it is considered as a core part of Android.
You may want to use Galaxy Note 5 notification panel when:
- You want to check the notification message. Normally, when you receive new notifications, such as messages or missed calls, indicator icons appear on the status bar. To see more information about the icons, you can open the notification panel and view the details.
- You want to access quick settings. For example, you want to quickly toggle on/off Bluetooth or mobile data.
- You want to quickly change the brightness of the screen.
- You want to use S Finder.
- You want to use Quick Connect.
Although some features can be accessed in other ways, Galaxy Note 5 notification panel usually is the fastest way to access these features.
Anyway, Galaxy Note 5 notification panel is not only a center for notifications, but also a hub for a few commonly used features (for example quick settings).
How to access Galaxy Note 5 notification panel?
To access Galaxy Note 5 notification panel, drag the status bar downwards (swipe downwards) as shown below.
Please note, Galaxy Note 5 does not support 2-finger swipe or 2-stage swipe to access the notification panel.
How to close Galaxy Note 5 notification panel?
To dismiss or close Galaxy Note 5 notification panel, you can use one of the following methods:
- Swipe upwards in the notification panel.
- Press Home button.
- Press Back button.
How to use Galaxy Note 5 notification panel?
After you pull down the Galaxy Note 5 notification panel, you can find there are many items in the panel, in addition to the notification messages.
Some commonly used operations in Galaxy Note 5 notification panel are shown in the screenshot below. These include:
- Toggle quick setting buttons. This usually turns on/off the feature instantly.
- Re-arrange quick setting buttons.
- Launch Settings.
- Launch S Finder.
- Launch Quick connect.
- Check notifications. Some apps allow certain actions without launching the app. You can also tap and hold the notification to find out which app sends the notification.
- Clear all notifications.
Can you use Galaxy Note 5 notification panel now?
If you have any questions or encounter any problems on how to use Galaxy Note 5 notification panel, please leave a comment in the comment box below.
The community will try to help you.
For other Galaxy Note 5 features and detailed Galaxy Note 5 how-to guides , please check Galaxy Note 5 how-to guides page.
You may also download and read the official Samsung Galaxy Note 5 user manual here.