Get to know how to use S Pen in your Galaxy Note 3, especially on how to launch and use air commands (Action Memo, Scrapbook, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window).
Back to Table of Contents
The included S Pen can be used to easily select items or perform functions for your Galaxy Note 3.
Actions using the S Pen with the button pressed provide additional conveniences, such as screen capture.
Pull out the S Pen from the slot to use it
When you pull out the S Pen from the slot, the device detects it and performs the following:
Turns on the touch screen (if it is off ).
Launches Action Memo, or display air command.
- The pen nib of the S Pen is replaceable. If the pen nib gets dull, replace it with a new one.
- If the S Pen is not working properly, take it to a Samsung Service Centre. Refer to the Samsung website for more information about the S Pen.
- For best results, keep the S Pen mostly perpendicular to the touch screen and avoid using it at sharp angles.
- The Menu button and the Back button can be used by the S Pen.
Press the S Pen button while hovering the S Pen over the screen to display air command. With this feature, you can directly use the following actions:
- Action Memo: Write a memo, and then select it by drawing a line around it to take actions related to the memo.
- Scrapbook: Collect a variety of content and save it in Scrapbook. (see Scrapbook page)
- Screen Write: Capture a screenshot and edit it.
- S Finder: Search for a wide variety of content on your device. (see S Finder page)
- Pen Window: Launch multiple applications in specified areas on the screen.
Making a simple memo
Tap Action Memo on the air command. Alternatively, with the S Pen button pressed, double- tap the screen. Jot down or draw a memo, and then select the memo by tapping to perform various actions, such as making a call, adding contacts, sending messages.
With selected, draw a line around an area with the S Pen to perform actions with the selected area.
Tap Screen Write on the air command. Alternatively, with the S Pen button pressed, touch the screen until you hear a click. It is possible to draw or write on or to crop a screenshot.
The screenshot is saved in the Gallery → Screenshots folder.
It is not possible to capture a screenshot while using some applications.
Launching multiple applications
Tap Pen Window on the air command. Draw a line around an area, and then select an application. The application is launched in the area that you have drawn. To minimise the application, tap . Minimised applications are always displayed on top.
To close the applications, tap .
Opening available options
Some items have contextual menus that make the S Pen pointer glow. Press the S Pen button to display the menu while hovering the S Pen over the item.
Selecting and capturing an image
With the S Pen button pressed, draw a line around an area to select it. If necessary, use one of the following options:
• : Restore the original selection.
• : Convert the selection to circular shape.
• : Convert the selection to rectangular shape.
• : Customise the selection.
Select an application to use with the selected area from the icons that appear at the bottom of the screen.
Back to Table of Contents
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.
Leave a Reply