Get to know how to use S Note to create a note using multimedia files or voice recordings in Galaxy Note 3. You will learn creating notes,composing notes, using the eraser tool, editing handwritten notes, inserting an idea sketch, inserting an image or video with frame, inserting map information, making a table, making a chart, editing a chart, previewing and search notes in Galaxy Note 3.
Use S Note to create a note using multimedia files or voice recordings in Galaxy Note 3.
Tap S Note on the Applications screen.
When running S Note for the first time, tap Start to set the default covers and a template. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the setup.
Create notes with enriched content by adding multimedia files or voice memos.
Tap to write or draw on the screen, or tap to enter text with the keyboard.
- Erase the note.
- Enter a note.
- Write a note.
- Append another page to the current note.
- Insert a multimedia file.
- Select the note.
- Undo and redo the last action.
- Switch to view mode.
- Switch to S Pen mode or finger mode.
- Change page options.
When using the templates that have image frames, tap and hold an image frame, and then tap Images or Take picture to add an image.
To delete a frame, tap and hold the frame, and then tap Delete.
When jotting down a note, tap once more to change the pen type, line thickness, or pen colour.
- Save the current setting as a pen profile.
- Change the pen type.
- Change the line thickness.
- Change the pen colour.
- Add a new colour based on the colour picker.
To zoom in or out the screen, spread two fingers apart or pinch them.
To add a new page, tap → Add page.
To delete the page, tap → Delete page.
To add a tag to the page, tap → Add tag.
To add an index to the page, tap → Index page.
To change the page template, tap → Add template.
To change the background of the page, tap → Background.
To display a grid on the page, tap → Show grid.
Using the eraser tool
A drawn line is not recognized as a series of dots but short strokes. For this reason, you can select a whole line and delete, move or transform it. However, you may happen to even erase unintended part of a line, or may not able to erase intensive or overlapped lines when using the eraser tool.
To reduce the case of erasing unintended parts, adjust the eraser’s size by tapping → .
To clear the note, tap Clear all.
- Even with a smaller eraser, you may not be able to precisely erase the intended part.
Editing handwritten notes
Select a handwritten note to cut, move, re-size, or transform it. When jotting down or drawing a note, tap . Then, tap the note or draw a line around it to select and edit it.
To move the note to another location, select the note, and then drag it to a new location.
To re-size the note, select the note, and then drag the frame.
With a handwritten note selected, use the following options:
- Properties: Change the note properties such as layout, size, colour, or thickness.
- Transform into: Convert a drawn shape or handwritten note to a well-organised one.
- Cut: Cut the note. To paste it to another location, tap and hold the location, and then tap Paste.
- Copy: Copy the note. To paste it to another location, tap and hold the location, and then tap Paste.
- Delete: Delete the note.
Inserting multimedia files
Tap to insert images, videos, voice memos, and more.
Inserting an idea sketch
Tap → Idea Sketch, and then write a keyword or select category to search for images.
To add your own sketches to the list, tap , and then draw an image in the sketch panel.
Inserting an image or video with frame
Tap → Images or Video → Photo frame or Record video on canvas.
Draw a frame on the note, and then tap inside the frame with the S Pen or your finger to take a photo or video.
Inserting map information
Tap → Maps, scroll through the maps or tap to search for a place, and then tap Capture.
- To view the location in full screen, tap and hold the map, and then tap Open map.
- To share the map information with others, tap → Share via, and select a sharing method.
Creating and managing charts
Making a table
Tap → Easy chart → Table, set the number of rows and columns for the table, and then tap Done.
- To enter data in the table, tap a table cell.
- To add or delete columns, tap → Add dataset or Delete dataset.
- To add or delete rows, tap → Add item or Delete item.
Making a chart
To make a chart, tap → Easy chart, and then select a chart type. Then, draw bars, lines, or dividers on the chart.
To make a chart from the data in the table, tap and hold the table, tap Edit chart → , and then select a chart.
Editing a chart
To edit a chart, tap and hold a chart or table, tap Edit chart, and then use the following options:
- Tap at the top left of the screen to change the chart type.
- Tap an item, and tap , and then write values, to correct with your finger or the S Pen.
The available options may vary depending on the chart type.
Viewing note pages
When viewing pages, tap to use the following options:
- Delete: Delete the page.
- Share via: Send the page to others.
- Export: Export the page as an image file or a PDF file.
- Edit pages: Change the layout of the pages, or import pages from other notes.
- Add tag: Add a tag to the page.
- Index page: Add an index to the page.
- Add shortcut to home: Add a shortcut to the page on the Home screen.
- Print: Print the page via a Wi-Fi connection. Some printers may not be compatible with Galaxy Note 3.
- Save as: Save the page with a different name.
- Set as: Set the page as wallpaper or a contact image.
Viewing pages preview
Drag down a note to preview the pages above the note.
Tap on the note cover to access the following options:
- Delete: Delete the note.
- Share via: Share the note with others.
- Export: Export the note as an image file or a PDF file.
- Rename: Rename the note.
- Edit cover: Change the note cover.
- Add to favourites: Add the note to the favourites list.
- Lock: Lock the note so that others cannot view it.
- Add shortcut to home: Add a shortcut to the note on the Home screen.
Searching for notes
Use this feature to search for a note by entering search criteria, such as names, tags, text, or handwritten words.
Tap , tap the search field at the top of the screen, and then enter search criteria.
To learn more about S Note, you may check the S Note Guide page.
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.