Get to know how to use and configure notifications in your Galaxy Note 3.
Back to Table of Contents
Notification icons appear on the status bar at the top of the screen to report missed calls, new messages, calendar events, device status, and more.
Drag down from the status bar to open the notifications panel. Scroll the list to see additional alerts.
To close the notifications panel, drag up the bar that is at the bottom of the screen.
From the notifications panel, you can view your device’s current settings. Drag down from the status bar, and then tap to use the following options:
- • Wi-Fi: Activate or deactivate the Wi-Fi feature.
- • GPS: Activate or deactivate the GPS feature.
- • Sound: Activate or deactivate silent mode. You can vibrate or mute your device in silent mode.
- • Screen rotation: Allow or prevent the interface from rotating when you rotate the device.
- • Bluetooth: Activate or deactivate the Bluetooth feature.
- • Reading mode: Activate or deactivate reading mode. In reading mode, the device helps protect your eyes when reading at night. To select which applications will be used for, tap Settings → Device → Display → Reading mode.
- • Mobile data: Activate or deactivate the data connection.
- • Blocking mode: Activate or deactivate blocking mode. In blocking mode, your device will block notifications. To select which notifications will be blocked, tap Settings → Device → Blocking mode.
- • Power saving: Activate or deactivate power-saving mode.
- • Multi window: Set to use Multi Window.
- • Screen Mirroring: Activate or deactivate the screen mirroring feature.
- • Wi-Fi hotspot: Activate or deactivate the Wi-Fi tethering feature.
- • S Beam: Activate or deactivate the S Beam feature.
- • NFC: Activate or deactivate the NFC feature.
- • Air view: Activate or deactivate the air view feature.
- • Air gesture: Activate or deactivate the air gesture feature.
- • Hands-free mode: Activate or deactivate driving mode.
- • Smart stay: Activate or deactivate the smart stay feature.
- • Smart pause: Activate or deactivate the smart pause feature.
- • Smart scroll: Activate or deactivate the smart scroll feature.
- • Sync: Activate or deactivate auto-syncing of applications.
- • Flight mode: Activate or deactivate flight mode.
The available options may vary depending on the region or service provider.
To rearrange the options on the notifications panel, open the notifications panel, tap , tap and hold an item, and then drag the item to another location.
Back to Table of Contents
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.
There is no “mobile data” on the notification panel. How can we add it?
can you find it in Settings–Device–Notification panel?
Our Facebook page || Galaxy S6 Guides || Galaxy S7 Guides || Android Guides || Galaxy S8 Guides || Galaxy S9 Guides || Google Home Guides || Headphone Guides || Galaxy Note Guides || Fire tablet guide || Moto G Guides || Chromecast Guides || Moto E Guides || Galaxy S10 Guides || Galaxy S20 Guides || Samsung Galaxy S21 Guides || Samsung Galaxy S22 Guides