Get to know how to activate and use Messages application to send and receive SMS and MMS in Galaxy Note 3. this covers how to send messages, how to send handwritten messages, how to send scheduled messages, how to translate messages, and how to view messages in Galaxy Note 3
Use this application to send text messages (SMS) or multimedia messages (MMS) from Galaxy Note 3.
Tap Messages on the Applications screen to start.
- You may incur additional charges for sending or receiving messages while you are outside your home service area. For details, contact your service provider.
Tap , add recipients, enter a message, and then tap . Use the following methods to add recipients:
- Enter a phone number.
- Tap , select contacts, and then tap Done.
- Hover the S Pen over , and then press the S Pen button. Recently-used contacts list appears.
Use the following methods to make a multimedia message:
- Tap and attach images, videos, contacts, notes, events, and others.
- Tap → Add subject to enter a subject.
- Hover the S Pen over , and then press the S Pen button. Recently-added images appear.
Sending handwritten messages
When hovering the S Pen over a text field, icon appears at the upper left corner of the text field. Tap , and tap to enter a handwritten message with the S Pen.
Sending scheduled messages
While composing a message, tap → Scheduling. Set a time and date, and then tap Done. The device will send the message at the specified time and date.
- If the device is turned off at the scheduled time, is not connected to the network, or the network is unstable, the message will not be sent.
- This feature is based on the time and date set on the device. The time and date may be incorrect if you move across time zones and the network does not update the information.
Translating and sending messages
To use the translating feature while composing a message, tap → Translate, drag the Translate switch to the right, set a language pair, and then tap OK.
To use this feature, you need to download and install S Translator. On the Applications screen, tap S Translator → Install, and then follow the on-screen instruction.
Tap to translate the message, and then tap Done. The translated message will replace the message of the source language.
Viewing incoming messages
Incoming messages are grouped into message threads by contact. Select a contact to view the person’s message.
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.