Get to know how to apply general settings for your Galaxy Note 3. These include accounts, backup and reset, date and time, safety assistance, accessory, application manager, power saving mode, battery, storage, security, about device and Google settings.
Back to Table of Contents
Add email or SNS accounts to your Galaxy Note 3.
Change settings for syncing data or files with your Samsung account or Dropbox cloud storage.
Backup and reset
Change the settings for managing settings and data.
- Back up my data: Set Galaxy Note 3 to back up settings and application data to the Google server.
- Backup account: Set up or edit your Google backup account.
- Automatic restore: Set Galaxy Note 3 to restore settings and application data when the applications are reinstalled on Galaxy Note 3.
• Factory data reset: Reset settings to the factory default values and delete all data.
Date and time
Access and alter the following settings to control how Galaxy Note 3 displays the time and date.
If the battery remains fully discharged or removed from Galaxy Note 3, the time and date is reset.
- Automatic date and time: Automatically update the time and date when moving across time zones.
- Set date: Set the current date manually.
- Set time: Set the current time manually.
- Automatic time zone: Set Galaxy Note 3 to receive time zone information from the network when you move across time zones.
- Select time zone: Set the home time zone.
- Use 24-hour format: Display time in 24-hour format.
- Select date format: Select a date format.
Set Galaxy Note 3 to send a message to recipients in an emergency.
Press and hold the both sides of the Volume button for 3 seconds to send the message.
- Edit emergency message: Edit the message that will be sent when you are in an emergency.
- Send emergency pictures: Set Galaxy Note 3 to take photos and send them along with the message to the recipients.
This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
- Message interval: Set an interval for resending the message.
- Emergency contacts: Select or edit the recipients for the message.
Change the accessory settings.
- Dock sound: Set Galaxy Note 3 to play a sound when your device is connected to or removed from a desktop dock.
- Audio output mode: Set Galaxy Note 3 to use the dock speaker when your device is connected to a desktop dock.
- Desk home screen display: Set Galaxy Note 3 to show the desk clock when your device is connected to a desktop dock.
- Automatic unlock: Set Galaxy Note 3 to unlock automatically when the cover is flipped open.
- S View window colour: Select a background colour for the S view cover screen.
- Select info shown cover: Customise the information that appears on the S view cover screen.
- Audio output: Select a sound output format to use when connecting your device to HDMI devices. Some devices may not support the surround sound setting.
View and manage the applications on your device.
View the amount of battery power consumed by your device.
Power saving mode
Activate power-saving mode and change the settings for power-saving mode.
- CPU power saving: Set Galaxy Note 3 to limit some system resource usage.
- Screen power saving: Set Galaxy Note 3 to decrease the brightness of the display.
- Turn off haptic feedback: Set Galaxy Note 3 to turn off the vibration when touching keys.
- Learn about Power saving: Discover how to reduce battery consumption.
View memory information for your device and memory card, or format a memory card.
- Formatting a memory card permanently deletes all data from it.
The actual available capacity of the internal memory is less than the specified capacity because the operating system and default applications occupy part of the memory. The available capacity may change when you upgrade Galaxy Note 3.
Change settings for securing Galaxy Note 3 and the SIM or USIM card.
- Encrypt device: Set a password to encrypt data saved on Galaxy Note 3. You must enter the password each time you turn on Galaxy Note 3.
Charge the battery before enabling this setting because it may take more than an hour to encrypt your data.
- Encrypt external SD card: Set Galaxy Note 3 to encrypt files on a memory card.
If you reset your device to the factory defaults with this setting enabled, Galaxy Note 3 will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting Galaxy Note 3.
- Remote controls: Set Galaxy Note 3 to allow control of your lost or stolen device remotely via the Internet. To use this feature, you must sign in to your Samsung account.
- – Account registration: Add or view your Samsung account.
- – Use wireless networks: Set Galaxy Note 3 to allow location data collection or to determine the location of your lost or stolen device via Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- SIM Change Alert: Activate or deactivate the Find my mobile feature which helps locate Galaxy Note 3 when lost or stolen.
- Go to the find my mobile webpage: Access the Find my mobile website (findmymobile.samsung.com). You can track and control your lost or stolen device on the Find my mobile website.
- Reactivation lock: Set Galaxy Note 3 to require your Samsung account after Galaxy Note 3 has been reset to prevent others from reactivating Galaxy Note 3.
- Set up SIM card lock:
- – Lock SIM card: Activate or deactivate the PIN lock feature to require the PIN before using Galaxy Note 3.
- – Change SIM PIN: Change the PIN used to access SIM or USIM data.
- Make passwords visible: By default, Galaxy Note 3 hides passwords for security. Set Galaxy Note 3 to display passwords as they are entered.
- Device administrators: View device administrators installed on Galaxy Note 3. You can allow device administrators to apply new policies to Galaxy Note 3.
- Unknown sources: Choose to install applications from any source. If not chosen, download applications only from Play Store.
- Verify apps: Set Galaxy Note 3 to allow Google to check the application for harmful behaviour before installing it.
- Change security level: Select the level for actions under security policy.
- Auto update security: Set Galaxy Note 3 to check and download security updates automatically.
- Via Wi-Fi only: Set Galaxy Note 3 to download security updates automatically only when Galaxy Note 3 is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Storage type: Set a storage type for credential files.
- Trusted credentials: Use certificates and credentials to ensure secure use of various applications.
- Install from device storage: Install encrypted certificates stored on the USB storage.
- Clear credentials: Erase the credential contents from Galaxy Note 3 and reset the password.
Access device information and update device software.
Use this application to configure settings for some features provided by Google.
Tap Google Settings on the Applications screen.
Back to Table of Contents
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.
How to mail the link, like any conversation ?
Please elaborate what you want to do.
Our Facebook page || Galaxy S6 Guides || Galaxy S7 Guides || Android Guides || Galaxy S8 Guides || Galaxy S9 Guides || Google Home Guides || Headphone Guides || Galaxy Note Guides || Fire tablet guide || Moto G Guides || Chromecast Guides || Moto E Guides || Galaxy S10 Guides || Galaxy S20 Guides || Samsung Galaxy S21 Guides || Samsung Galaxy S22 Guides