Get to know how to activate and use screen mirroring feature in Galaxy Note 3 to connect Note 3 to a large screen.
Use screen mirroring to connect Galaxy Note 3 to a large screen with an AllShare Cast dongle or HomeSync and then share your contents. You can also use this feature with other devices that support the Wi-Fi Miracast feature.
- This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
- Miracast-enabled devices that do not support High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP 2.X) may not be compatible with this feature.
- Some files may be buffered during playback, depending on the network connection.
- To save energy, deactivate this feature when not in use.
- If you specify a Wi-Fi frequency, AllShare Cast dongles or HomeSync may not be discovered or connected.
- If you play videos or games on a TV, select an appropriate TV mode to get the best experience.
On the Applications screen, tap Settings → Connections → Screen Mirroring. Select a device, open or play a file, and then control the display with the keys on your device.
To connect to a device using a PIN, tap and hold the device name to enter the PIN.
If your TV does not support Miracast, you may get the following gadgets to make screen mirroring work for your TV from your Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung’s own All-Share Cast Hub Adapter works nicely with your Galaxy Note 3. Screen mirroring for Galaxy Note 3 with this adapter should work directly out of box. No configurations needed. Your Galaxy Note 3 can immediately find the adapter. You just tap it to start to mirror the screen to the TV.
What you need is a TV with a HDMI port.
If you also have some non-Samsung smartphones or tablets at home, especially, Amazon Kindle Fire HD or HDX tabletd, you may want to get a more universal Miracast adapter for screen mirroring. Such adapters work well for screen mirroring with Galaxy Note 3, and other smartphones, tablets and even laptops.
Netgear Push 2 TV HDMI Adpater is a good option for screen mirroring. It works well with Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and other devices as well. It is even certified by Amazon for screen mirroring with Kindle Fire HDX 7, KIndle Fire Hdx 8.9 and the new Kindle Fire HD. So, it is a good idea to get this adapter to enjoy screen mirroring. It works with most Android phones with Jelly Bean 4.2 or newer, because screen mirroring is natively supported in Jelly Bean 4.2.
The price is around $60. You only need a TV with a HDMI port to mirror Galaxy Note 3’s screen to the TV. In the box, the USB power adapter is included, but HDMI cable is not. Galaxy Note 3 can find this adapter easily, and then you tap the device name to enjoy Galaxy Note 3 in your big screen.
Any questions? let us know in the comment box below.